Welcome to the age of the AI content writer, where companies around the world can generate huge amounts of intuitive content at the click of a button. With today’s state-of-the-art AI copywriting tools, organizations can produce everything from blogs to social media posts in seconds.
Not only can today’s tools create content that’s exceptionally accurate and authentic, but they can also adapt to different audiences and user needs. Some of the best tools on the market even allow brands to choose the “tone of voice” they want their solutions to write in.
While an AI content writer might not replace the need for human content creators (yet), it does provide companies with plenty of ways to streamline the content production process.
Today, we will explore the benefits and opportunities of an AI content writer and which products offer the most value in the market today.
The Rise of AI Content Writers in 2023
AI content writer technology is just one of the many innovations to appear in the market in recent years. Lately, demand for artificial intelligence has been growing at an incredible rate, driven by the rise in more efficient, powerful algorithms. However, the interest in AI content writing started long before Open AI produced the phenomenal ChatGPT platform.
The origins of AI content writing date back to the innovative spellcheck and word-checking programs created for writing software back in the 1980s. These tools quickly became consistent parts of word processing packages like Microsoft Word, promising users an easier way to create high-quality content. At approximately the same time, AI was producing its first literary publications.
The first book ever created by AI, “The Policeman’s Beard is Half Constructed,” was produced entirely by computer algorithms. However, it took until the 2000s for AI solutions to start emerging in the copywriting landscape, with the rise of tools like Grammarly.
Since then, AI platforms have been developed to become more intuitive and human. Users can now leverage intelligent tools to create almost any kind of copy, from advertisements to CTAs, social media posts, and product pages. Additionally, AI writers can now create content according to the rules of the channel being used, leveraging character restrictions and requirements.
The Benefits of AI Content Writers
Similar to most technologies, AI content writers have their pros and cons. Currently, AI-produced copy is being penalized by Google, as it doesn’t follow the rules of the E-A-T algorithm. Additionally, while many tools produce high-quality content, most of the writing does need to be edited and published before it can be shared online.
Despite these potential downsides, AI content writers still have significant value to offer. Some of the main benefits of using an AI content writer include the following:
- Efficiency: AI content writers can produce pieces in a fraction of the time it would take a human being to write a blog or post. They save time on reading, grammar checking, proofreading, and the overall writing process.
- Scalability: Because AI can produce content so quickly, companies can rapidly produce larger amounts of content in a shorter space of time. It’s much easier to fill a website with content using an AI system than it is to hire multiple writers.
- Cost savings: Not only is working with AI content creators faster than hiring employees, but it’s cheaper too. Most solutions can be purchased for a relatively low price or on a subscription basis, saving brands a lot of money.
- Inspiration: AI solutions can provide content writers with ideas and inspiration or produce entire briefs for a piece of content with minimal effort. They can offer insights into what to include in each piece of content to generate results.
- Content optimization: AI can improve conversion and traffic opportunities by automatically optimizing content for SEO purposes. It can also provide insights into potential grammar or spelling mistakes and offer tips on how to improve writing quality.
How to Choose The Best AI Content Writers
The best AI content writer for your needs will depend on your specific goals. There are tools out there capable of offering everything from writing inspiration and optimization to full article generation. While there’s no one-size-fits-all strategy for success, there are a few points worth considering when selecting your ideal AI content writer:
- Content quality: Most AI writers use numerous algorithms and endless sources of data to produce human-like content. However, the quality of the text you can produce can vary from one solution to the next. Look for a tool that requires minimal copy editing.
- Simplicity: Some content solutions require you to input a lot of directions and information for the content you want to produce. The easier it is to use the software, the more time you’ll save on producing content.
- Personalization: The top AI content writers provide options to customize your content based on specific needs. You can choose a target audience, customer values, style of content, tone of voice, and even different languages for the content you produce.
- Accuracy: AI is learning, but it still generates a lot of content that can be a little inaccurate. Some content solutions come with fact-checkers built-in, so you can ensure you’re sharing the right data. They’ll also include grammar and spelling checkers.
- Pricing: Budget can make a huge difference when you’re investing in any AI solution. The more advanced features you need, the more you’re likely to pay. Many vendors will offer a range of pricing plans to suit different needs.
- Limits: Some content writers are designed specifically for short pieces of content, like PPC ads and social media campaigns, while others can produce full articles. Check you can produce the scale of content you need with your writer.
- Bonus features: Some leading AI content writers come with access to bonus features to make your content even more compelling. They may have a research feature to help you find ideas for your content, keyword generators, and even a built-in plagiarism checker.
8 of the Best AI Content Writers
Now you know everything you need to know about AI content writers (and how to choose the right one), it’s time to start diving into some of your options. As demand for AI solutions continues to grow, the number of available products on the market is constantly growing.
Here are some of the most powerful tools available today.
Shopia.ai is a comprehensive AI writer and SEO assistant, designed to help companies scale their business and engage their customers. The solution can produce articles of more than 2,500 words in a matter of seconds, with 80 templates to choose from. You can also use the technology to analyze other high-performing content in your industry and optimize your campaigns.
Shopia comes with features like:
- Extensive article templates to guide your writing
- Competitor analytics for insights into top trending content
- SEO content grading for real-time insights into ranking potential
- Support for blog, e-commerce, email, and social media copy
- 5000+ integrations with leading tools for collaboration and site creation
- 30+ languages for your content
- Collaboration and bulk generation features
You can access a free trial of Shopia for 7 days with absolutely no credit card requirements. After that, pricing falls into different packages and varies depending on the number of words you need. For instance, for 20,000 words in the “Standard” package, you’ll pay $8 per month. If you want to access topic clusters, more users, and image reports, you can upgrade to “Pro” at $18 per month.
The more words you need, the more you’ll pay. There’s also an enterprise package for content teams and agencies. Plus, discounts are available if you pay yearly.
- Lots of integrations with other tools
- Fantastic word limits for all kinds of content
- Competitor analytics and SEO insights included
- Topic clusters and reports
- Collaboration features for teams
- Can become costly for more words
- No built-in plagiarism checker
Rytr is an easy-to-use tool for content generation with its own fantastic free plan. The solution allows users to create all kinds of content, including blogs, social media, and more. Plus, there’s plagiarism checking and grammar checking built-in.
You can use Rytr to produce posts and publish them straight to channels like Google, WordPress, and social media. Plus, there’s even an AI image generator available so you can produce more visual content for your posts too. Features include:
- Multiple creativity level options for creating unique content
- Tons of templates for different styles of content
- 20 tones and 30 languages are available on the free plan
- Image creation included
- Customizable use cases for each piece of content
- Plagiarism and grammar checker
- In-built rich text editor
Rytr has a free plan which supports the generation of up to 10,000 characters per month, 40+ use case options, and numerous languages and tones. You can also access the plagiarism checker and AI image creator on this plan. Paid options start at $9 per month for more custom use cases, images, and characters. There’s also an unlimited plan for enterprise users.
- Excellent customization features
- One-click creation and publication options
- Plagiarism checker to examine the originality
- Convenient free plan for beginners
- Included image creation
- Low character limits on most plans
- Some content can have flow issues
Copy.AI is another of the most popular AI content writer options on the market today. It comes with inspiration tools to help you track down potential topics to write about, and it uses the intelligent GPT3 algorithm to create highly humanized content. There are over 90 templates to choose from, as well as 25 language options and a blogging wizard tool to help you improve content quality.
Copy.AI supports email, social media, and blog creation, as well as a range of other options for producing website and ad copy. Plus, the tool is very user-friendly and straightforward.
- Numerous content options and templates
- Freestyle content editor to make customized changes
- Easy-to-use interface with no complex coding
- Multiple language options
- API access and integrations
- Free AI tools for improving content quality
- Inspiration services for beginners
If you just want to experiment with AI content creation, there’s a free plan available with 90+ copywriting tools, unlimited project options, and a 7-day trial of the pro plan. If you upgrade to a premium plan, starting at $49 per month, you’ll be able to create up to 40,000 words a month and experiment with different language options and blogging tools.
- Excellent for content inspiration
- API access for business leaders
- Numerous templates and styles to choose from
- Lots of inspiration services for beginners
- Easy-to-use backend environment
- Editing content can be a little complicated
- Long-form content can be difficult to produce
Easily one of the most popular AI content writing tools on the market today, Jasper offers businesses the opportunity to create all kinds of engaging content in seconds. Previously known as Jarvis, the tool can produce an entire outline for scripts, books, and blog content in seconds. It even comes with a range of templates to choose from.
Jasper has its own dedicated “Boss mode,” which gives you more customization options, as well as integrations with tools like Copyscape for plagiarism checking and SurferSEO for optimization. There’s also an integration with Grammarly built-in. Features include:
- Numerous customizable templates to get you started
- Boss mode for more rapid content production
- AI recipes and guidance for beginners
- SEO, grammar, and plagiarism integrations
- Support for multiple languages
- Translation feature for content in different languages
- Excellent customer service
Pricing for Jasper starts at $29 per month, depending on the number of words you want to create. There’s also a free trial available for beginners. You’ll be able to access a range of features on the paid plans, including different languages, templates, and accounts for up to 5 users. The “Boss” mode package starts at $59 for enhanced speed, command prompts, and templates.
- Excellent plagiarism checker included
- SEO and grammar features built-in
- Numerous language options for multi-lingual sites
- Templates and AI recipes for beginners
- Numerous content creation options
- Slightly repetitive content in some cases
- The pricing can get quite expensive for lots of content
The Writesonic AI content writer and paraphrasing tool allows companies to produce SEO-optimized, plagiarism-free content in no time. You can use the tool to access ideas and inspiration for your content. Plus, there’s a built-in plugin for WordPress, so you can publish your pieces straight to your website with minimal effort.
Like many content writers, Writesonic produces copy in a range of more than 25 languages. Plus, it allows you to access paraphrasing and text expansion tools for converting previous content. Some of the features of Writesonic include:
- Photosonic for creating graphics for your blogs
- Numerous templates for different styles of content
- Text expander and paraphrasing tools
- Content ideas, outlines, and briefs
- More than 25 language options
- One-click WordPress exporting
- Landing page, blog intro, and other generators
- Chrome extension for capturing content anywhere
There’s a free version available for Writesonic, which allows you to produce up to 6,250 words per month and gives you the freedom to test out all of the various features. The premium plans vary depending on the quality of the content you want and the number of words you need. “Good” content will start at $10 per month for short-form pieces or $13 for long-form options. Premium content is the same price, but you get fewer words included in each package.
- Tools for creating written and visual content
- One-click WordPress exports
- Chrome extension for capturing content anywhere
- Fantastic paraphrasing and expansion tools
- Easy to use backend
- Many pieces of content will require editing
- Limitations on the word count in each plan
Anyword is a straightforward AI content writer designed to help business leaders and creative entrepreneurs make the most of their content. The solution not only produces content on your behalf, but it also uses a real-time SEO rating to ensure everything you create is optimized. You’ll be able to monitor your score as you write and edit.
There are customer personas built-in, so you can tailor your content to a specific audience. Plus, you can choose from 30 different languages. Some of the features include:
- Real-time content scoring and analytics
- Options to build custom API models
- 30+ languages from different countries
- Built-in grammatical and spelling checker
- Data-driven copywriting tools
- Customer personas and unique tone options
- Numerous templates for different styles of copy
The plans for Anyword start at $24 per month, but you’ll get 2 months free if you choose the annual plan. The beginner plan gives you up to 200,000 words per month, and access to multiple seats, over 100 AI tools, a blog post wizard, and 200+ copywriting tools. More advanced plans start at $83 per month for extra word credits, real-time predictive performance analytics, and SEO scoring. There’s also a custom enterprise plan available.
- Predictive content scores to track performance
- Customer personas for more personalized content
- Custom training mode for unique experiences
- 30 languages for multi-lingual content
- Powerful machine learning
- Requires more training and work than most tools
- Some options are only available on advanced plans
Using deep learning and artificial intelligence software, the Article Forge AI content writer can produce articles of more than 1,500 words in seconds. It also has templates available for SEO-optimized advertisements, social media posts, and more. The product is fully automated to make your life as easy as possible, and it can be adjusted to suit your specific writing needs.
Article Forge allows you to add keywords to your content, and you can use the editor to add specific details, like the tone of voice or locations. Features include:
- Automatic plagiarism checking
- Multiple template and customization options
- Easy-to-use backend environment
- Access to videos, links, and images in articles
- 7 language options
- AI and deep-learning content
- SEO solutions for optimization
You can start a free trial of Article Forge for 5 days without paying anything. After that, options start at $27 per month for an AI-powered writer capable of creating 25,000 words per month. You’ll also be able to publish posts automatically to your blog. More advanced plans are available for a custom price, depending on your specific needs. You can also save around 20% by paying for the service on an annual basis rather than monthly.
- Great range of templates
- Automatic plagiarism checking
- SEO solutions already built-in
- Instant publishing to your blog
- Links, videos, and images included in articles
- Can be a little trickier to use than some tools
- Limited language options
Specially designed for long-form writing needs, Frase has many excellent tools which make it ideal for business leaders. The Frase solution is actually a comprehensive portfolio of tools for writing and content creation. You can research topics in seconds, optimize existing content, choose keywords, and more, all within the same platform.
The add-on AI content writer solution can create briefs for you in seconds, optimize content and produce copy at the click of a button. You’ll also get real-time analytics to guide you. Features include:
- Endless export options
- Undo/redo buttons for copy editing
- Integrations with Google search console
- Keyword and topic research
- SEO optimization
- Wide range of long-form article templates
- Automatic paraphrasing and rewriting
- In-depth analytics and reports
You can start a $1 trial with Frase for five days to check out some of the available features. After that, pricing begins at $14.99 per month for one user and 4 articles per month. You can also generate up to 4,000 AI words per month on this plan. More expensive plans start at $44.99 per month for additional articles and AI words.
- Excellent insights and analytics
- AI document editing and research tools
- Built-in templates for content creation
- SERP data enrichment
- Automated briefs and content scoring
- Limited AI word production on all plans
- The interface can be a little clunky
Are AI writers any good?
The AI writer landscape is getting more advanced every day. Today’s writing tools can produce high-quality, human-style content in seconds, with SEO functionality already built in. They may not be as intuitive as human writers, but they have a lot of value to offer.
What is the best free AI content writer?
If you’re looking for a free service, Rytr will allow you to create all kinds of content for free. There are also various other products available that offer free trials and limited services on a free basis, such as Writesonic and Anyword.
Will content writers be replaced by AI?
It’s difficult to know for certain whether AI will replace content writers entirely. While AI solutions are becoming more effective, they still can’t compete with some writers in terms of quality content and engagement. Additionally, AI writing is not approved by Google at this time.
Investing in an AI content writer can be an excellent way to save yourself some significant time and effort when it comes to producing high-quality content. These solutions are perfect for producing insightful copy in seconds, as well as briefs and research guidance. At the very least, they can be a great way to accelerate your writing process if you’re a content producer.
Just make sure you’re using your writing tools correctly and still leveraging the help of experts whenever necessary. AI might be able to do a lot today, but it doesn’t replace the need for content producers completely.